CE Terms and Conditions
This policy defines the terms and conditions of continuing education offered by CDABC. It does not cover courses hosted by other agencies.
CDABC offers all Active and Associate members a total of 12 tokens to spend on continuing education as a benefit of annual membership, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Active and Associate members are entitled to a maximum of 12 tokens per membership year, the cost of which is included in membership dues.
- Members requiring more than 12 tokens in a particular year can purchase more tokens in the CDABC online store.
- To qualify for CDABC CE tokens, you must be an Active or Associate member in good standing of CDABC on the date you register for a course, attend a live event, and take a test.
- Tokens are deducted at the time of course registration.
- Tokens expire at the end of the membership year in which they are received (whether complimentary or purchased), or on the date you renew your membership--whichever comes first. Tokens and courses are not carried forward to the next membership year.
- Tokens and tests must be taken within three months of course registration or before membership expires, whichever comes first. Course not completed in that timeframe may be forfeited and tokens are non-refundable.
- When a course has a test, a grade of 80% must be achieved to pass. A maximum of four attempts is provided.
- A course that is not passed within four attempts becomes void and tokens are not refunded or transfered to a different course.
- If you register for a live course and do not attend, you forfeit those tokens; they are not refunded or transferable to another course unless you notify CDABC 24 hours in advance of the course start date.
- All CE credits are subject to approval by the British Columbia College of Oral Health Professionals. The majority of curriculum been previously approved by the BCCOHP, but final approval is subject to evaluation by the BCCOHP.
- CDABC does not take responsibility for monitoring or advising members about suitable courses. Members are responsible for ensuring the CE studies they undertake meet BCCOHP guidelines with respect to category (ex: dental practice management, etc.) and format (self-study versus clinical).
- Tokens have no monetary value.
- Tokens are not transferable or refundable.
- Conditions are subject to change.
If you submit credits to an organisation other than the British Columbia College of Oral Health Professionals, please check with that organisation for credit/course approval. Note: one credit is generally equal to one hour of study.